👋🏻 Hi there, I’m Zoey Jordan Salsbury. I use social media, email marketing, text banking, and other digital tools to help get politicians elected, initiatives passed, and nonprofits’ messages out to potential donors. I was the Communications Director for a national nonprofit from age 17 to 21. During that time I also spent two years working at New Blue Interactive, a Democratic digital strategy firm that specializes in email fundraising.
I recently graduated American University in Washington, DC with my BA in Public Relations and a minor in Political Science. I know American University sounds like a fake university, but I promise it’s real.
While I was there I attended the Campaign Management Institute which is a nationally recognized program designed to train individuals for participation in local, state and federal political campaigns.
I love bad puns and bad romcoms. In my spare time I like to knit, play video games badly, experiment with Instapot recipes and hang out with my poodles.
Deputy Director / MEANS Database
- Assisted in writing grants that have been awarded over $100,000.
- Helped recover over 2 million pounds of food in three years.
- Coordinated outreach to potential food donors and nonprofit partners.
- Oversaw the hiring process and handled human resources.
- Optimized a $10,000 per month Google AdWords budget.
- Continued all duties from previous role as Communications Director.
Jun 2014 - Jan 2019
Communications Director / MEANS Database
- Oversaw entire online presence, including website copy and all social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Responded to inquiries via our email and social media accounts.
- Drafted and edited copy and visual communications work.
- Designed graphics using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Coordinated media outreach and booking with national media.
Production Associate / New Blue Interactive
- Worked with candidate campaigns and state parties on their digital fundraising and organizing strategies.
- Designed Facebook ad campaign graphics for lead generation ads with budgets up to $10,000.
- Used Unbounce to create landing pages for lead generation.
- Created graphics and email templates for the launch of 2018 races.
- Organized data on NGP VAN, Blue State Digital, and Action Network
Digital Strategy Intern / New Blue Interactive
- Prepared fundraising and petition copy for emails.
- Managed clients' email lists including coordinating list swaps.
- Designed social media and email graphics optimized to share.
- Used ActBlue to pull fundraising reports and find best performing emails and digital ad campaigns.
- Coded and formatted emails with HTML and CSS.
Campaign Management Institute / School of Public Affairs, American University
For over thirty years, the Campaign Management Institute (CMI) has offered a nationally recognized program designed to train individuals for participation in local, state and federal political campaigns.
Developed and taught by strategists from the Republican and Democratic parties, national campaign consultants and political scientists, this intensive two-week program serves as a valuable foundation for political activists and campaign managers.
Assisted with launch of Starbucks Upstanders Season 1
- Worked with the Edelman team and the Starbucks internal communications team to coordinate press release messaging and social media pushes
- Assisted with run of show during project filming
Recognizes citizens who have completed 250+ hours of service in a year.
"Zoey is absolutely fantastic. She solves problems effectively and without being guided - she is proactive and an active asset to our team. [She] is astoundingly good and I would personally enjoy employing her forever."
- Maria Rose Belding, MEANS Database